We will continue to gather virtually every Sunday via zoom at 10:45 a.m. (in English) and at 1 p.m. (in Spanish). Hybrid services will be held on the second Sunday of the month until further notice. Please let us know if you want to participate by sending an email to Pastor Ruiz.
The Next Hybrid Service is Sunday, September 12, 2021 at 10:45AM
New Health Protocols For In-Person Worship
We welcome you as you visit us and/or become part of our community of faith. Given the shifting public health landscape and the spiritual care that we owe each other, we ask that you follow our new health protocols. We want you to have a good experience while you are at Good Shepherd as we continue to witness God's covenant with us, our families and communities.
First, be aware that the building is being cleaned before and after use as we continue to respond to the emerging needs of our community.
1. While indoors, we suggest that everyone wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
2. Only fifty (50) people will be permitted inside the sanctuary at any given celebration. At the door, we will have a greeter take the temperature direct you to a hand sanitizer table. The greeter will take names and phone numbers just in case we need to reach out to anyone.
3. If you feel sick and/or have a fever of 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit, we ask that you stay home and participate in the service via Zoom. Instructions for attending Zoom services are available on our website (www.goodshepherdbayridge.org)
4. No handouts or books will be provided in order to limit the transmission of virus. We suggest digitizing literature and programs. You can use our wireless network at our church location (wireless name: GSSanctuary, password: 7187458520).
5. You may sit with members of your household; otherwise you need to follow social distancing protocols.
6. Singing will not be permitted in order to further limit virus transmission. Our musicians will be up on the altar and all singing is pre-recorded.
7. There are two bathrooms fully equipped with touchless, sensor faucets and towel dispensers. Our doors and windows will be propped open to maximize air flow.
8. There will be no fellowship inside our building due to the recent increase in the rate of Covid 19 infections. We will, however, open the courtyard area next door for outside conversation and fellowship.
If you have any questions please call Rev. Juan Carlos Ruiz at 718-745-8520 or reach out to him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to process the information from all public health agencies as we remain vigilant and attentive to the needs of those who utilize our spaces. We continue to seek out ways to connect meaningfully and build up the communal spaces where all can enjoy the dignity and love that we have been endowed with as God's beloved.
In solidarity and gratitude, Rev. Juan Carlos Ruiz
We see how suffering, as part of the human condition, can be a source of communion and solidarity. More so, we as Christians are bearers of an exacting truth: Our God is not aloof; God is agonizing, groaning with creation, actively listening and present with us because we are present and listen to and with one another.
Please sign up to receive our Good Shepherd newsletter via email.
Have a Good Shepherd or local event you'd like to share or information for our community? Please email all information to Pastor Ruiz.